It’s fall in the Northern Hemisphere, signaling the return to classrooms and a time to gather school supplies. Today, this means pencils, binders, and the latest tech, like laptops and even virtual reality (VR) games.
The Power of VR in Education:
Leading educational experts like Eileen McGivney, a Harvard Graduate School of Education doctoral candidate, advocate for VR’s classroom potential.
- Immersive Experiences: Students can understand climate change by navigating Arctic waters or delve into world history by virtually touring Egypt’s pyramids.
- Engineering Insights: You can learn engineering techniques by flying over New York City’s skyscrapers virtually.
- Supplementing Traditional Learning: VR isn’t here to replace the classroom but to enrich traditional learning experiences.
- A Personal Glimpse into Tech-Enhanced Learning: My experience with enhanced learning dates back to high school biology, where peering through a microscope transformed abstract textbook concepts into tangible realities.
Introducing Alter Learning’s Games:
These aren’t just games but essential digital tools for comprehensive learning.
For Younger Students:
For Older Children:
- Steamhaven Cogworks: Provides academic insights.
- Paper Weather: Deepens knowledge in specific academic areas.
“Steamhaven Cogworks is not just a game; it’s an immersive learning experience. My students have showcased marked improvement in their problem-solving skills since its introduction.“Mrs. Anderson, a 7th-grade teacher.
Affordability and Accessibility
Alter Learning games are available on various devices, offering both accessibility and affordability. The cost is on par with popular subscriptions like Netflix.
Technological enhancements in education, like VR and educational games, are reshaping the learning experience. Alter Learning stands at the forefront of this transformation, committed to ensuring students have the tools they need for a comprehensive education. As we look to the future, we aim to diversify our offerings further, broadening the horizons for students everywhere.